Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Roast squash

Some things are just easy. This is one of them. Chop a smallish squash in two. Scoop out the fibres and seeds. Place on a baking tray cut-side up. Add a slice of butter, a drizzle of olive oil and a grinding of salt and pepper. Thyme or sage leaves would add a nice touch. (My only negative comment about the farmers' market was the lack of herbs other than parsley; I won't buy them flown halfway round the world from Israel).

Good with sausages, pork chops or brown rice.

I've discovered that food photography is not one of my strong points...It's not as plain as it looks!

3 Comments:

Blogger a.c.t. said...

No but seriously, it's not as bad as mine. As hard as I tried to make my goulash look appealing, it still looked like a pool of vomit.

Those sausages look nice - they look very similar to Italian ones. It think it's always worth spending a bit more with sausages. The cheap ones are hideous with about 1% meat content.

3:38 AM  
Blogger ems said...

Most of our meat comes from Devon - Well Hung Meat We share a monthly delivery with my parents.

The sausages remind me of Toulouse sausages - I don't think I've ever had Italian sausages. I'm guessing they are similar.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Red said...

Yes, "Mmm... Italian sausages" was the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw that picture. I didn't know you could get something so close to them here.

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home