Sunday, December 31, 2006

Quack

We've eaten relatively little over Christmas - turkey and the trimmings, Christmas pud on the day itself; but other than that it's been quiet and uninspired.

I woke up this morning with a burning desire for duck. I have these moments which C. finds totally alien. In terms of food he's changed beyond recognition over ten years but if you're hungry he thinks you can eat anything. I disagree.

We're thankful we were able to purchase a duck this morning. (He had visions of starting the New Year with me in an awful strop).

We have just scoffed roast duck, pancetta and potatoes (with thanks to Nigel Slater). Absolutely scrumptious. With enough potato left over to fry up in the morning. As C. himself said "That'll do nicely with an egg." (He's learning).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious. I've never actually cooked duck at home before, is it easy? I've just found the recipe in his kitchen diaries book, I might give it a try. Where do you buy the duck from?

2:57 AM  
Blogger ems said...

I don't think you can go much wrong with duck really. We bought ours from the local Tesco. You do get a lot of fat off them - I drained this quite frequently as it cooked.

4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home