Monday, January 29, 2007

Hot, hot, hot!

So much food and so little time to blog about it. I had every intention of sharing the best bit about roast chicken last weekend but never quite got round to it. Just in case you're interested it's putting the leftovers into a laksa.

I like to describe it as a Thai soup with noodles and things. I took the basic Nigel Slater recipe (who else?) for pumpkin and tomato laksa and replaced the pumpkin and tomato with... roast chicken. I love it. Most of my favourite ingredients are there: garlic, chilli, coriander, lemon grass. This dish has a definite kick to it.

This Sunday I passed on a dish that takes longer to cook (these are usually reserved for the 'day of rest' for obvious reasons) simply because I forgot to take a joint out the freezer. Standby was pork and spinach curry. Or more accurately spinach and pork curry. I bought a bag of the frozen stuff over the road and chucked a couple of handfuls of the round blobs of spinach in. Fresh spinach decreases. Frozen, I have discovered, increases in size. Still, it tasted good.

Tonight had to be something quick as I left work later than usual. Prawn, cashew nuts and peppers in black pepper sauce with rice in under 20 minutes. (Pictured above). Quicker than a takeaway or heating something up in the oven. (We don't have a microwave).

1 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

Looks Delish! I love prawns. I can't make them at home because hubby is allergic. But I go out and get them. My New Years resolution is to cook at home more. So far, I am doing well. I made a kind of beefy macaroni thing last night (but used ground turkey instead of beef. ) It was kind of good!

3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home